Learn how to create a Content Marketing Strategy that will convert your readers into your community with Leesa Klich
Learn how to create a Content Marketing Strategy that will convert your readers into your community with@LeesaKlich Click To Tweet
Today we speak to Leesa Klich who does all things to do with health blogging! She told me just before we started the interview that she does all things strategy and planning for blogs and so that gave me a really great excuse to drill her down and pick her brain to see what value we can get to create our own amazing blogs and content marketing strategy!
Wow, this interview is so full of nougats you are just going to LOVE IT! Leesa talks us through her content marketing plan, how you can plan out your content marketing and what things you should be focussing on to grow your blog and email list.
Leesa is full of knowledge, you must have a pen and paper handy for this one! Honestly, here is the low down on what we discuss.
Leesa talks us through the rock, pebbles and sand analogy. Where you get clear on what you are marketing first at what time of the year, then look at when you will be launching and what you will be writing around the launches, add in the days of the year that will be super relevant to your audience and fill in the rest from there. She explains that this then takes away the challenge of knowing what to write about and getting a super clear strategy in place to make it relevent for your readers.
So here are Leesa’s top tips:
1. Only focus on 1 area, you don’t want to be spreading yourself too thin. Decide where your focus is going to be after you have written your blog. There are millions of places you can publish and promote your blog after writing it but you either need to focus on social media or SEO.There are millions of places you can publish and promote your blog after writing it but you either need to focus on social media or SEO. @LeesaKlich Click To Tweet
2. Work your blog posts around a launch, think about what your launch is and write blogs that will educate your community on what they need to know before they would be willing to make a purchase. Educate them on what problem you are solving! Giving value and quick wins on a topic that is relevant to your launch!
3. Add opt-ins and content upgrades to join your email list. Like we have done above. You can add in value based opt-ins which are relevant to the content you are reading. Anything that educates and provides value and quick wins for your audience. You want to make their lives as easy as possible giving them something that will work and is going to help them.
4. Every post should have a CTA, every post you do should have a call to action. Something you are wanting your audience to do. think about what outcome you are wanting from your content marketing strategy and tailor your CTA based on this. If it is growing your email list, growing your facebook community or selling something, get clear on what you are wanting the outcome to be before writing and then you can ensure you have the right call the action in place.
5. Have a pop up banner on your website. No one likes them BUT they work! So top tip is to have it on the exit of your website, or have it when you get closer to the bottom of the blog when your readers are coming to the end of the post and are soaking up your value!
There are more amazing tips that Leesa shared with us so make sure you check out the podcast in full! Have a pen and paper handy!
You can find more from Lessa at www.Leesaklich.com/rebeccalockwood
What else do you already do? I would love to hear below in the comments if you have any other tips that we have not yet mentioned here!