2. BE CONSISTENT – (Related Post – How to stay consistent in your business) When you are creating value-based content you can use a social media scheduling tool like Hootsuite or recur post which both have free options for you. They don’t cost you a dime! Personally, I love recur post as it continues to post your cogent out for you when it runs out. It makes it easy for you to show up for your audience as the content you are creating is constantly sending out across your social media channels so you don’t have to think about it.
3. GO LIVE / DO VIDEO – (Related Post – How to download your facebook Live Video) People love the human connection of you actually ‘showing up’ it doesn’t always have to be live, although I do recommend going live at least every few weeks to give people more of an idea of who you are and what you are about. It’s all about the know, like and trust factor. It doesn’t cost you anything to do a live and facebook love video so it shows it to more people. You can then download your video and add it to Youtube or embed into a blog, your newsletter or anywhere on your website. In the past I have gone Live for masterclasses and then taken them down afterwards and packaged them into an online course or freebie.
4. DELIGHT – There is a fine line between how much you should give away for free, and when you should start charging for your services. There are ways though you can delight your community continuously which gives support and value which don’t make you feel as though you are just giving everything away. You can do this through a content marketing strategy. You want to be positioning yourself as the go-to expert in your field, and the best way to do that is to be giving high-value content away. Ways I do this are through blogging, live video, emails you can also use youtube, and Pinterest using keywords to give value based blogs!
5. AUTORESPONDERS ON EMAILS – You can set up with MailChimp as an email provider for free. You’ll have to check the t’s & c’s on how many email subscribers they cap it at but you can start with n0 budget. MailChimp recently added automation emails for free too, something which could be really valuable to your audience is giving something away for free that would help solve a problem they have, directing them to your email list and then following up with a series of emails to introduce yourself, your business and your offering to support to solve the problem that they have. This will build up your engagement with your audience which will lead them to talk about you. You can then also direct them to your social media channels or somewhere else you are wanting them to connect with you.
6. FACEBOOK GROUPS – OMG, My facebook group has been a game changer for me! (Related Training – You can join the free build your community masterclass here.) When I first launched the membership I think all of the women were from the free facebook group. It is somewhere I always drive the funnel to because you can build your community there and continuously post the blogs, videos and content you are creating that is valuable to your audience. There have been a lot of large groups closing recently and I admit, I did close mine in 2017 as I felt it was a lot of work, however, I then had nowhere to post my value expect my emails where it was getting seen. And so I reopened it and it has gone from strength to strength. Facebook groups are showing up more than anything in the Facebook newsfeeds so It is defo a winner. Check out the Grow your Online Community masterclass where I share how I grew my facebook group and kept my engagement up up up! Check it out here.
Not all things work well for everyone and so keep measuring your activity and learn what works for you and what works for your audience and for yourself. Be open to changing your approach whenever necessary and be fluid, social media and marketing is always changing and so it’s good to keep on top of the game.