Today I grilled Alessandra Braun about all things Pinterest! I have been completely getting my shit together on Pinterest and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to ask the expert – Alessandra all about Pinterest and how to make it work for you in your business! Alessandra is a business building strategist and works with mums in business! We talk about how real life mum problems happen…I completely forgot what I was saying numerous times in our conversation – yes this baby brain is a real thing! lol but Alessandra keeps it together for us and gives us tons and tons of value! Honestly, you need a pen and paper handy for this one – be prepared to have a full Pinterest strategy ready to go once you have listened to our chat!
First, let’s talk about stats…because for me action and seeing results is the biggest driver!
Alessandra is getting between 150-250 visitors to her website per day from these Pinterest strategies
Her email list is growing by 10-20 new subscribers per day
Her Pinterest profile is getting a whopping 310k visitors a month
wowzers….. WTF… OK, let’s dig in and learn as much as we can! lolHonestly, you need a pen and paper handy for this one - be prepared to have a full Pinterest strategy ready to go once you have listened to our chat! Click To Tweet
Listen to the full chat here:
Pinterest is very much an evergreen strategy, meaning that once you have it up and running and you have your content on the platform, it will always be searchable and Pinterest will keep showing it to people. She says that even when she hasn’t been active on Pinterest for months she is still seeing people joining her email list, click to her website and convert to paying clients! On autopilot! That is what we love to hear! Anything to make money as easy as possible with as little effort as possible is a big win for me!Pinterest is very much an evergreen strategy Click To Tweet
Alessandra’s top Pinterest tips:
- Treat it as Google. Pinterest is very much keyword based and you want to be thinking about it as if you were searching on google. Think about how you use it for yourself and then reflect that in your strategy. What things are you searching for and how would you phrase them? If you have a good Pinterest strategy, what you will also find is that you will come up high in the rankings on your Pinterest profile on google too!
- You don’t need tons of content, you just need high-value content! Alessandra took her email list from 0-1k with just 5 blog posts and 2 opt-ins!
- It is not just for bloggers or receipts, service-based businesses are getting loads of traction from Pinterest. You can repurpose your content from facebook live, Instagram and embed it into a blog. Then create pin-worthy pins and pin to Pinterest!
- Put keywords in your profile, board descriptions, pin descriptions!
- When you are creating content and pinning you want to create multiple images to pin with a few different titles to engage your audience. Keep the same style of the pin but use different images, different titles and different keywords. See what works and then repin that specific pin,
- Think about what your ideal client wants to see, we spoke about the magazine analogy. If your reader was to pick up a magazine, what other things would they see that would still engage them but may not be a service you offer. Have boards that refelect that. Giving your followers other topics and also repinning other content that is highly valuble to your audience that you may not work in.
- Use a tool like tailwind to schedule content which takes the time out of your schedule and is so easy to use. You can get your first month free by clicking here.
- 25/30 pins are recommended. Some people say to post a hundred…but Alessandra says that 25-30 per day will gain you traction and get you the profile views you are aiming for.
- Make sure when you are getting people onto your blog / to your content you are providing as much value as possible, give your audience quick wins and a reason to opt into your email list.
- YourPinterest funnel should look something like this: Click through the pin – Land on your website to your blog or the content you are providing – Give a Call to action (a reason to subscribe to your email list) – Show them how you can help them and give them as much value as possible – Funnel them through to your other social media platforms you are active on – have a series of 10-12 emails introducing you and allowing your audience to get to know like and trust you.
We spoke about so much more! You seriously need to go and check out the podcast! You can find the podcast by clicking here, the interview will be available next month!
We also talked through my Pinterest strategy, how I am getting over 30k visitors to my profile but with a very little click through to my website. Alessandra mentioned – which makes complete sense now she has said it, that you have to give people a reason to click through to your website. If they are getting all of the content they need from the image on pinterest then why would they click through…they wouldn’t. I had been mainly posting quotes and positive affirmations, which would mean that there is no call to action on the images to give anyone a reason to click through! Think about this when you are putting together your strategy!You have to give people a reason to click through to your website. Click To Tweet
Is there anything else that you do on Pinterest that you would like to add here? Give us a comment below and let us know if this was of value and what else you would like to see! I would love to hear what is working for you in your business?
You can find more from Alessandra and all about her Pintraction course here: www.pintraction.com
Grab Alessandra’s free checklist here with her exact steps of how she went 0-1000 Email subscribers in less than 45 days! Click here.